2,514 days

 It's been 2,514 days since I last posted on this blog and so much has happened..


For those of you who don't know me, I'm Aaron, Executive Chef and Entrepreneur at The Velvet Buttercream. I'm heading into my late 30's, I've got a wonderful family, husband, two kitties, and a sprawling small business. 


When I began writing this blog I wanted to talk about my life as a cake decorator and I found it quite entertaining to tell you all about my crazy day to day. As this blog progressed it became so much more than just writing about being a cake decorator and it became more of my life as an entrepreneur. 

I'm happy to report that "The Velvet Buttercream" concept is no longer a concept, and now a full functioning storefront averaging 50-70 cake orders per week and a display case full of little desserts ready for that quick sweet treat or small gathering. We have a team of 9 employees here who keep the show running on a daily basis. The atmosphere in the bakery is modern and contemporary, you won't find pink's and purple's on the wall here. It's not that I don't like those colors, but more so that it's just not my vibe. I went with a more modern white wall with a darker blue accent piece and a black roof, think of it as rustic boho.

Pre-store opening, August 2022

We now have two display cases packed full of fresh desserts made in house, from scratch based ingredients. We've got desserts ranging from cupcakes, to tartlets, macarons, cake slices, and even fresh fruit tarts. It doesn't stop there, in the last year we bought a standing freezer to house ice cream cakes, ice cream cookie sandwiches, ice cream pints and half pints. We also have a small bread section where we make fresh bread loaves, ciabatta, and rolls.

In years past I had mentioned that I wanted the bakery to be a neighborhood bakery where our guests could pickup a variety of items. Now two years after opening the storefront I think we have finally gotten to that neighborhood bakery vibe. 

Our display cases in June 2024

All of this couldn't have happened without a few bumps in the road.. but I'll have to save that for a later time.


Till then, welcome back to my Arizona Cake Life <3





Comments

Popular Posts